Training TuneUp Available Now:
Tin Shingle's Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide Pitching Guide Online Class
There are 3 submission deadlines of the year when your business has as chance to be featured in one of the most coveted magazine issues of the year: The Holiday Gift Guide Issue that hits newsstands in November and December.
Those deadlines are:
- July (right now!) for national print magazines like O, The Oprah Magazine and Real Simple.
- September for regional print magazines.
- October/November for last minute blog submissions and TV shows.
What Businesses Are Good for Holiday Gift Guides?
Yours, most likely. You just need to think of the right angle.
- Products: Obviously!
- Books: Magazines will be recommending must-reads on those holiday reading lists.
- Gift Cards: Got a boutique fitness studio? Yarn shop?
- Experts: In the same magazine issue as the Holiday Gift Guide, the magazine still fills other pages with holiday advice. This is the time for New Years Resolution stuff.
Magazines Are Collecting Holiday Gift Ideas Now for December Issues
So here's the thing...if you want your business featured in the December issue, you must email the magazines of your dreams now. Yes, think big. But how will you do it? Here are the answers!
Watch This TuneUp Webinar - We Tell You How!
In this Training TuneUp that just released into Tin Shingle's Training TuneUp Collection, we partnered up with our dear friend Sabina Hitchen of Press for Success. Tin Shingle's owner Katie interviews Sabina for the inside scoop on how Holiday Gift Guides work, and the best ways you can email an editor with the suggestion that they consider your business in their recommendations. Tin Shingle does have a list of magazine editors in our Media Contacts Database to make this job a little easier on you.
Hot Tip: Go Niche
There are SO many gift guides possibilities:
- "Gifts for Moms"
- "Gifts For Nerds"
- "Gifts For Guys Who Love Gear"
- "Gifts For Yarnbombers"
- "Gifts For Self-Help Addicts"
The sky is the limit! Part of your job when pitching your brand to be considered for a Gift Guide is to suggest a great theme, or reason. Liberate yourself here. Identify the magazines you want to be featured in, and go for it.
The best way to liberate yourself to pitch your brand into a magazine is to watch or listen to our Training TuneUp: The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide Pitching Guide as Katie and Sabina explore the ways you will accomplish this mission. If you are a member of Tin Shingle at Level 3 (Online Classes) or 4 (Media Lists), you can stream this TuneUp for free any time. Otherwise, you can just purchase it!